Sunday, April 22, 2012

Haagen Dazs 2012 Limited Edition: Coconut Macaroon






The first flavor is Coconut Macaroon, which is definitely unique.  Honestly, I am not a big fan of coconut.  It is OK in certain things, and coconut itself is great as an ice cream flavor.  Coconut has  high amount of saturated fats, which make the ice cream very smooth and creamy.  However, I am usually not a fan of coconut desserts with coconut shavings.  
Haagen Dazs' Coconut Macaroon ice cream is actually not too bad.  The ice cream itself was rich, creamy, with a strong coconut aroma, and actually very tasty.  The part I did not like, however, was the coconut macaroons throughout the ice cream.   The texture of the coconut macaroons just wasn't pleasant to me.  It was almost like eating coconut shavings with that weird texture.  It would be great if I can get around the pieces of macaroons, but the pieces were so small it was impossible to pick them out.  I only took a few bites, and never went back.  
I don't see this one coming back to be a regular flavor...but who knows.


I give it a 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment