Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Jacquot Truffes (Truffle chocolate) Hazelnut Flavor



I basically found these by accident, but a happy accident indeed.  My brother and sister-in-law were in town, so I took them to this store to do some shopping.  I spotted these chocolates in the chocolate and sweets section.  You should know this by now, chocolate and hazelnut are a match made in heavenSo, there was no way that I was going to walk out of the store without this seductive confection in hands
So apparently, "Truffes" is French for "Truffles", which I did not realize until after I bought it.  I actually thought that it might have been a typo...how silly of me.  So obviously, this was made in France, which was another incentive for me.  It is not easy to find new and unique European chocolates in the regular American supermarkets.  Anyway, let's get right to the point.  
Imagine yourself tasting Ferrero Rocher, without all that unnecessary hazelnuts pieces.  This truffle was literally my dream come true.  Rich and silky truffle chocolate with the delicate hazelnut flavor without all that textures.  I am not saying that the textures from the nuts is a bad thing, but I personally enjoy chocolate the way it meant to be, sweet, rich, and silky smooth.  If you can find this, I highly recommended.  If you want to enjoy this, do not pass it around at a dinner party.


I give it a 9 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment