Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waffle Chix Raspberry Red Velvet Waffle Review



Excuse me of the bad picture, I took it from my phone.  So I went to UCLA last Sunday, and my friends and I went to this restaurant, Waffle Chix for brunch.  The restaurant was fairly new, just opened in May.  The main attraction is waffle sandwiches, and other waffle dishes.  My friends all got fried chicken waffle sandwiches, and the portions are very large, and it came with waffle cut fries. So for around $10, you can get two meals out of it actually.  Not a bad deal.  
I got the Raspberry Red Velvet Waffle.  It just sounded too good, so I had to order it.  In case some of you do not know, red velvet cake usually use cocoa powder with red food coloring to give you the dark red color in the cake.  That is why I am reviewing this waffle.  
The waffle was said to be Belgium waffles.  I never had an authentic Belgium waffle before, but from what I have heard, it is not quite like this.  But oh well...
The waffle was light, airy, and soft, which I loved.  It did have the flavor of red velvet cake, and it came with a Mascarpone cheese spread with whipped cream.  Mascarpone spread was a great compliment with the waffle and raspberries.  The waffle also came with a sweet but slightly tangy raspberry syrup to marry everything together.  I liked the waffle overall.  However, I did find it a bit expensive, $10 for just that.  I guessed that I paid for the experiences.  



I give it a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment