Sunday, May 26, 2013

Merely Sweets Macarons Review


Passed by this store in Downtown Brea many times, but never went in.  So as you can probably tell, it was a bakery, and they have typical bakery items like cakes and pastries.  My friends wanted to try their cupcakes, and I saw that they have macarons.  So I decided to try them.  
The macarons are fairly large, which is usually not a good thing actually.  These ones aren't very impressive.  The meringue cookies did not taste like the usual macaron.  The meringue usually has a nice crust with a tender, chewy inside.  However, Merely Sweets' seemed to be baked too long, it was pretty dry and crunchy on the inside.  The meringue was also too sweet, and the same with the fillings.  I had the coffee and salted caramel flavors, but even the coffee was too sweet.  Overall, too expensive, and not worth the try.  


I give it a 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment